GMSL camera with Drive PX2

Dear deepd,
It is clear that you have connected correctly at port A0, so the above provided commands should work out of the box for Sekonix SF3323 at A0 port. If possible, can you check connecting the camera to another board to confirm no issue with camera and cable. If so, please check re-flashing the board and get back to us if the issue persists.

Hi SivaRamaKrishna,

I re-flashed the board, and the error still persists. Is there a way to check if some physical device is connected to the port?

Dear deepd,

We need to know if the camera port on the board is the problem or the camera module is the problem.
If you have another camera module as per Siva’s suggestion, please make sure that the other camera works on that board. Thanks.

Hi Steve and Siva,

I have SF3322, SF3323, SF3325 camera modules with me; and tried all three of them on port A, B and C. Still the same error persists. I also have re-flashed board with new PDK, but that didn’t help.

How can I know if there is something wrong with the hardware(camera module/cable/board)?

Dear deepd,

Could you please help to check if NVMEDIA samples run on the DPX2 with same cameras like below?

To run a sample application

1. On the target system, navigate to the folder with the sample application.
    /home/nvidia/drive-t186ref-linux/samples/nvmedia/
  2. Copy the default configuration file and modify your copy for your needs.
  3. Run the sample application.

https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/active/5.0.10.3L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/NVIDIA%2520DRIVE%2520Linux%2520SDK%2520Development%2520Guide%2FNvMedia%2520Sample%2520Apps%2Fnvmedia_nvmipp_raw.html%23wwpID0E0SB0HA

./x11/nvmipp_raw -cf drive-px2-autocruise.conf -c dvp-ss3323-rccb-raw12-1920x1208-ab -d 0 --aggregate 1 --nvplugin

Hi SteveNV,

I tried running SF3322 and SF3323 camera module with NvMedia samples on my Drive PX2 AutoChauffeur (P2379); and encountered below mentioned error:

For SF3322

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/drive-t186ref-linux/samples/nvmedia/ipp_raw$ ./x11/nvmipp_raw -cf drive-px2-a.conf -c dvp-ss3322-rccb-raw12-1920x1208-ab -d 0 --aggregate 1 --nvplugin
receive_from: Timeout Error.
Please check Ethernet ip configuration or
Update Aurix firmware version by the following command

sudo /bin/bash /etc/systemd/scripts/nv_aurix_check_fw.sh -auto_update

nvmedia isc: TacpCamPowerControl: 237: TACP command failed with ret -5
iscRootDevOpen: Failed to power on camera(s)
NvMediaISCRootDeviceCreate: Unable to open root device
nvmedia: ERROR: Init: Failed to create NvMedia ISC root device
nvmedia: ERROR: IPPInit: Failed to initialize ISC devices
nvmedia: ERROR: main: Error in IPPInit
[NvMediaIPPManagerDestroy:181] Bad parameter

For SF3323

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/drive-t186ref-linux/samples/nvmedia/ipp_raw$ ./x11/nvmipp_raw -cf drive-px2-a.conf -c dvp-ss3323-rccb-raw12-1920x1208-ab -d 0 --aggregate 1 --nvplugin
receive_from: Timeout Error.
Please check Ethernet ip configuration or
Update Aurix firmware version by the following command

sudo /bin/bash /etc/systemd/scripts/nv_aurix_check_fw.sh -auto_update

nvmedia isc: TacpCamPowerControl: 237: TACP command failed with ret -5
iscRootDevOpen: Failed to power on camera(s)
NvMediaISCRootDeviceCreate: Unable to open root device
nvmedia: ERROR: Init: Failed to create NvMedia ISC root device
nvmedia: ERROR: IPPInit: Failed to initialize ISC devices
nvmedia: ERROR: main: Error in IPPInit
[NvMediaIPPManagerDestroy:181] Bad parameter

Dear deepd,

Can you please file a bug for this topic?
Please share bug ID, we will look into this issue.
Please login to https://developer.nvidia.com/drive with your credentials. Please check MyAccount->MyBugs->Submit a new bug to file bug. Thanks.

Hi SteveNV,

I did submit a bug report for this topic and it’s bug ID is 2538030. Let me know for requirement of further details to dig into this issue.

Thank you.

Dear deepd,

Thank you for your update. We will update it.

Hi,
I’m using SF3325 and have the same problem. May I ask how did you fix the problem?

Dear jing.li,
this thread has mix of several problems. Could you create a seperate topic and share SW version and error logs details to follow up

Hi SivaRamaKrishnaNV,

Thank you. I’ll start a new topic.

I have exactly the same issue do you have any update about how to fix it?

Dear @enrique.hernandez,
Firstly, please check re-flashing board/use different camera module and see if the issue persists. If the issue exists, could you please file a new topic with all details.