GMSL camera with Xavier NX based embedded device

Hi all,

I am using a GMSL camera with Xavier NX based embedded device. By using the below terminal command, I am able to launch gstreamer display of the camera output.

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1900,height=1080,format=NV12' ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink

I now want to run the gscam node for launching the same with ROS, although do not understand what the environment variable should be set as before running the rosrun gscam gscam command.

Hoping to get some assistance for the same.
Thanks!

Have reference to below link.

Hi Shane,

Thanks for getting back and sharing the resources.
In the link provided, I did not find the the solution for what I am looking for. Have I missed out on something?

Thanks

Just check gscam is using v4l2src you may need to modify the source to nvarguscamerasrc

I tried setting the environment variable as below:

export GSCAM_CONFIG="nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=1900, height=1080, framerate=30/1 ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw, format=(string)NV12 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=(string)BGR ! xvimagesink"

I still get an assertion error message as in the screenshot attached.

There’s no any calibration data need to load. Remove it to try.

Isn’t calibration data just a warning and error lying elsewhere?
Am I mistaken?

Sorry I don’t have experience about gscam.
Please trace it to figure out the failed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.