Good practice on Embedded system and TX1

Hello all,

I’ve some questions about TX1 development (good practice).

1. I have to remove unity for a better performance on my embedded system?
    if so what is the best method?

2. When I finished my development how can I integrate my development to other cards?
    How can I register my system to send it to other Jetson cards,
    should I simply clone the system.img image?
    and re inject it after?

Thanks.

I have not removed unity so I can’t comment on that, but some sort of use-case description would probably help, along with which aspects of performance you are trying to improve.

Cloning is a good way to add the system to other Jetsons. A regular flash without use of clone would re-create an image each flash and slow down the process…so long as you have the image you want there is no reason to create that image more than once. Realize that the cloned image has the possibility of being loopback mounted and updated as well if you ever want to make direct edits, e.g., the partition’s UUID could be changed or some serial number could be edited.

hello linuxdev,

In embedded systems it is very rare to see a graphical interface… this is why I asked the question.

I will try to clone the system.img.

thanks a lot for your answer.

Jetsons tend to be a bit of the odd case for embedded since they can do things previously reserved only for systems running an external desktop video card. Since L4T is just a full Ubuntu Linux distribution most of the questions on packaging involves either standard Ubuntu administration (while preserving the nVidia-specific hardware access files…normally a non-issue), or how to use alternatives to the Ubuntu sample rootfs. Since alternative sample rootfs is difficult I think most people will simply treat the Jetson as an Ubuntu desktop system and begin cutting down packages through the normal package management system.