Got "frame start syncpt timeout!0"

Hi Nvidia,
I am bringing up AR0145 RAW Y8 format (120fps)on Nano develop Kit, I meet errors as below when execute command “v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=1280,height=800,pixelformat=GREY --stream-mmap -d /dev/video0 --stream-poll --stream-count=1 --stream-skip=20 --stream-to=cap1.raw”:

Could you help with this?

One note is I can capture frames well by v4l2-ctl with Y10 format settings. I just switched to Y8 settings in driver and modified sensor_common.c as below:

I did not change DTS file the Y10 settings were using. BTW I did check to the Y8 settings on other board and it works well.

Please help, thanks a lot.

hello bing.yan,

may I also know what’s the latest sensor dump reported, for instance, $ v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --list-formats-ext
is it shown 8-bit Greyscale, or it’s still reported as Y10?

FYI, you may see-also topic, Topic 220736 for your reference.

Hi @JerryChang
Below is dump information of the command:

Showing 8bit Grey. I will also check your shared link. Thanks!

@JerryChang
How to understand from below trace information:
TEGRA_CSI_CIL_STATUS
TEGRA_CSI_CILX_STATUS

Can any clew be got from that?
Thanks!

hello bing.yan,

you may check Tegra X1 SoC Technical Reference Manual, please refer to chapter-29.16 for MIPI CSI register descriptions.
for example,
you may also check CSI_CSI_CIL_A_STATUS_0 for the error code 0x13;
and, CSI_CSI_CILA_STATUS_0 for the error code 0x70061.

Hi @JerryChang,
I got Y8 frame captured successfully now. the CSI_CSI_CIL_A_STATUS_0 and CSI_CSI_CILA_STATUS_0 is useful. I replaced the MIPI timing of Y8 settings to Y10 settings’ and issue has gone and can capture Y8 frames now. Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.