GPIO definition issue with porting rakwireless-common-gateway

Hi, I’m trying to bring rak_common_for_gateway into my Jetson environment (jetpack 4.6, devkit), but I’m having issues with using pin #11 (GPIO428).

I used this to figure out the pin mapping, so I’m not entirely sure if that’s correct: NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX GPIO Header Pinout - JetsonHacks

The rak_common project uses a bash script to interface with the GPIO, is there somewhere (other than the sysf workflow), where the GPIO pin function can be defined? Is this because pin 11 is used for UART (UART disabled in jetson-io.py)

hello user135128,

that’s correct in jetsonhacks, pin-11/ UART1_RTS, it’s pin muxing as GPIO3_PR.04, which is using gpio-428.
you may toggle gpio-428 for your use-case, please see-also Topic 144550, for several ways to access GPIOs. such as, kernel APIs, python scripts, C++ samples.
thanks

Are you aware of any examples of interfacing with the gpio via bash script? Do the GPIO functions need to be defined at the time the kernel is compiled?

The specific script I am trying to modify is this one: rak_common_for_gateway/start.sh at 55fd13c12b0b5f0bb6ed3a0108db32ae693afdb9 · RAKWireless/rak_common_for_gateway · GitHub

hello user135128,

you may control GPIOs via system nodes, you’ll need to obtain the GPIO numbers to toggle the pins through sysfs.
please also refer to developer guide, GPIO Changes for the steps to check GPIO numbers.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.