GPIO functionality is lost on J41 40-pin header

I had some kind of 5V power event occur on my board (possibly a temporary short to 3.3V or GND). I can still boot, run programs, etc but the GPIOs do not change state on the 40-pin header. Both 5V and 3.3V are still present on the header. If I run a sample python program like simple_out.py from github, it appears to run but I get the following message and the i/o pi does not do anything:
WARNING: Carrier board is not from a Jetson Developer Kit.
WARNING: Jetson.GPIO library has not been verified with this carrier board,
WARNING: and in fact is unlikely to work correctly.

I assume when the power issue occurred that some hardware circuit on the carrier board was damaged so that when the Nano tries to read it, it does not think the carrier is the development board version that it really is. Can I fix this, or do I need to buy a new kit?

hello jp.saunders,

are you using customer carrier board? Jetson.GPIO library only works with DevKits.

No, I am using the dev kit. I am trying to set up the 40-pin i/o port to change some of the GPIO to SPI and pwm pins, though, per the jetson-io utility.

hello jp.saunders,

there’s pinmux spreadsheets to define the default pin configuration, please have a try to follow pinmux changes session to change the pinmux configuration applied by the software.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.