GPU debugging not working in visual studio

Hello,

I’m trying to use the GPU debugger in visual studio 2013 but the program immediately crashes. The identical solution/project setup works on another developer in the groups computer

Unhandled exception at 0x00000000 in mesh.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation at location 0x0000000000000000.

I am using an MSI GS70 with the 870m GTX video card. I suspect that might be the issue but I have no idea how to investigate the issue. Are there limitations with the gtx mobile cards? Could the fact that my laptop switches between onboard Intel Graphics and the Gforce card be an issue?

Hi electrohamster,

This maybe because your sample runs on iGPU, maybe you can try this to force your app to run on dGPU:

• disable you iGPU in BIOS, then your sample has no other choice but use your dGPU
  • connect the external display port which link to your dGPU to some external monitor, for example, some DP or HDMI port is connect to dGPU directly, active these port and make your sample show in corresponding monitor will make it use dGPU

Hope this helps.

Thanks
An