gpu "no devices were found" issue

I want to know whether the issue is a hardware problem or not.

I have been successfully using the P3200 on Ubuntu OS for a while, recently it suddenly stopped working and reported as “no devices were found” with “nvidia-smi” command on my ubuntu OS. The driver version is 410 installed using “sudo apt install nvidia-driver-410”.

The kernel log from “dmesg” reported the messages as below.
“[ 6.913667] [drm:nv_drm_load [nvidia_drm]] ERROR [nvidia-drm] [GPU ID 0x00000100] Failed to allocate NvKmsKapiDevice [ 6.913834] [drm:nv_drm_probe_devices [nvidia_drm]] ERROR [nvidia-drm] [GPU ID 0x00000100] Failed to register device”.

If anyone have been through similar situation with success or failure, please join the topic. I will attached my “nvidia-bug-report” file in the topic.
nvidia-bug-report.log (2.92 MB)
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (691 KB)
nvidia-bug-report_v2.log.gz (691 KB)
nvidia-bug-report_v2.log (2.92 MB)

Please blacklist “nvidiafb”, it blocks the device.

Thanks. I just tried to blacklist nvidiafb by
put “blacklist nvidiafb” in “/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf” and
update the kernel by “sudo update-initramfs -u” and reboot

Though, it still gives the same problem for “nvidia-smi” and “nvidia-bug-report”.

Please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log.

sure, they are listed as “*_v2.log”

[    6.912990] NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x31:0xffff:846)
[    6.913011] NVRM: rm_init_adapter failed for device bearing minor number 0

Looks like faulty hardware. You can try reseating it, check it in another system, then replace.

I’ll check this out. Will provide feedback soon.

It worked! I re plug-in the Graphic card and the issue went away. I also provide the current nvidia-bug-report-v3 of the normal environment, just for comparison. Your insight is right on the direction. Thank you a lot.
nvidia-bug-report-v3.log.gz (1.17 MB)
nvidia-bug-report-v3.log (3.73 MB)