GPU online deals and/or availability thread

Occasionally a very good online deal on an NVIDIA GPU comes up… instead of posting new threads each time, maybe this thread can be a convenient place to share.
This would also be a good place to post availability of Fermi boards (which at the time of this post are still hard to find at any price.)

I’ll start first with a very good deal: Currently you can get a new GTX260 for $160.

And follow up with a source of GTX470 at Tiger Direct. They’re overpriced at $410, but at least they’re available today, April 17. These are the “superclocked” eVGA versions which are 3% faster than the stock GTX470.

If you’re desperate for a Fermi, check eBay, but be very careful to buy from sellers who have the card in hand… more than half the current sellers are just saying they’ll ship “when cards arrive.”

GTX470s are available in Canada.

GTX470s are available in Canada.

Gigabyte GT210’s are very low power… excellent as display-only cards. OK price at Amazon of $48.75, but there’s a $20 mail in rebate, making it quite affordable.

Gigabyte GT210’s are very low power… excellent as display-only cards. OK price at Amazon of $48.75, but there’s a $20 mail in rebate, making it quite affordable.

Another maneuver to consider when buying a high-end GPU is getting cash back from Bing.com shopping. Getting 2-10% back on top of any coupons or rebates is significant if you’re buying a GTX 4xx. They’re just passing on the affiliate fee to you.

Example: 10% off the GTX 470 at TigerDirect drops the price from $410 to $368: [url=“http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=EVGA+012-P3-1472-AR+GeForce+GTX+470&mkt=en-US&FORM=BPFD”]http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=EVGA...S&FORM=BPFD[/url]

Another maneuver to consider when buying a high-end GPU is getting cash back from Bing.com shopping. Getting 2-10% back on top of any coupons or rebates is significant if you’re buying a GTX 4xx. They’re just passing on the affiliate fee to you.

Example: 10% off the GTX 470 at TigerDirect drops the price from $410 to $368: [url=“http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=EVGA+012-P3-1472-AR+GeForce+GTX+470&mkt=en-US&FORM=BPFD”]http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=EVGA...S&FORM=BPFD[/url]

Currently, there are no GTX480’s available outside eBay.
Amazon got some today but they sold out. Still, this is good news that their channel is now open, so it’s work checking if you’re on the hunt.

In the US, there’s no GTX470s except at Buy.com via Amazon. This is again at an inflated $410. It looks like Amazon also got some of these today but they sold out like the GTX480s.

From another thread, it sounds like Tesla 2050’s are now shipping from NVIDIA!

I think it’s great fun helping other people buy stuff so here’s another tip… External Image

Believe it or not, Best Buy is showing GTX 470’s in stock if you’re willing to pick them up at the store:

Store Finder

If the link is broken just search for “GTX 470” and then click Check Shipping & Availability > Store Pickup: Check Stores and choose your state.

Who knows if it’s an error but 100% of the Best Buy’s in Hawaii – both of them – have the GTX 470 in stock. Only one store here in Massachusetts.

(and it looks like you might be able to get 2% back from Bing Shopping)

The GTX470s at Amazon/Buy.com are out again. They didn’t last long.

Still no GTX480 retail units anywhere except eBay… none have been spotted for days.

There are now a few GTX470s at ZipZoomFly. They’re the only store with stock right now. ZZF price-gouges, but at least they’re an option. These will probably be gone tomorrow.

GTX470s available on Amazon now! At non-gouging retail price ($349), and free shipping. If you want a GTX470, this is the one to grab.

I am sure they’ll be gone by tomorrow if not sooner, so decide now… we haven’t seen retail, prices since launch day and this is tax-free to boot.

Amazon has 9 left as of 1:20 pm. [you can check by trying to add 20 of them to your cart, it will only let you add as many as they have.]

For that matter, you could make $500 by buying them all and selling on eBay…

Four GTX 470 models in stock at NewEgg: [url=“Computer parts, laptops, electronics, and more - Newegg United States”]Computer parts, laptops, electronics, and more - Newegg United States

With the GeForce GTX 470 work with my Antec True 550 power supply?

Probably, though it’d be pushing it if you have a powerful CPU and lots of hard drives.

If you’re just doing CUDA, then it’s no problem… graphics apps are where you hit maximum power draw.

(For example my GTX480 uses only 200 watts at full load in both my Monte Carlo and in my raytracing code, but reports show it can use up to 300 watts when running FurMark.)

A Kill-o-watt meter (or UPS with realtime wattage display) is very useful!

Keeping this thread on topic, there are only two GTX470s left at Amazon. They will likely be gone later tonight.

The Amazon cards are long gone.

Newegg still has some GTX470s (and has for about 20 hours now… a new record).

Tiger Direct has one GTX470 available.
This is $20 overpriced, but with no CA sales tax (and a $58 Bing cashback opportunity if you want to play discount games!) it’s a good alternative.

Probably not, check your maximum amperage for 12V.

A short check on some dutch sites show that at least 3 retailers show the GTX470 as in stock, so if you really want to have some, pm me and I can give some links.

AntaresPro has a variety of 470’s in stock and 2 EVGA 480’s: antarespro.com:geforce+gtx+gddr5

These prices are not that great but if you’re desperate you can get 2% off via Bing. :D

[ edit: this search URL shows GTX 480’s and 470’s on Bing in decreasing price order: bing-shopping:geforce+gtx+gddr5 ]

In my part of the world no one has stock, and shipping dates have been steadily slipping. I have some cards on ordered from the place that usually gets first stock when new parts are released. Originally GTX470 and GTX480 SKUs from Asus, Gigabyte and PNY were expected this week. Those have now slipped to the first week of May.

Says 24A?