GPU online deals and/or availability thread

$349 gets you an EVGA GTX470 and a “free” 700W OCZ 80+ modular power supply at NewEgg.

EVGA GTX 470 “Superclocked” for $340 here ($40 savings).

You can get a Kill-o-Watt for just $14.44 . These are easy to use plugin wall-socket wattage meters. They are invaluable for testing whether your PC’s power supply is within rated limits, whether a PSU could handle powering a second or third GPU, or answering questions about how much money your GPUs are costing in electricity.

Many tech sites list wattage for different GPU models, but those are useless for estimating power use of CUDA apps, which tend to use a lot less wattage than graphics apps. The GTX480 can use up to 300 watts in Furmark, but all of my compute codes at 100% utilization only use about 210 watts. How do I know? One of these cheapo easy Kill-o-watts.

Another GT240 bargain: EVGA GT240 + 512MB GDDR5 + software for $38.38. As always, try to get your cashback from Bing.com.

Remember that the GT240 has 96 cores and supports Compute Capability 1.2.

A motherboard for these GT240s: the Foxconn 790FX motherboard for $100 with 4 PCIex16 2.0 slots. The 790FX (and 890FX) are the only AMD chipsets that allow true dual x16/x16 lanes. (Other combinations are /x16/x8/x8 and x8/x8/x8/x8). They had been selling this for $140 with a $40 MIR, but they have finally dropped the MIR. This is an AM2/DDR2 motherboard, but it does have dual GigE ports.

A very good CPU for this is the Phenom II x4 940 for $118. There is also a combo deal with this CPU plus 4GB of DDR2 800 memory for $187 plus a $10 gift card.

Just an FYI, Bing cashback is ending July 30th:

http://www.bing.com/community/blogs/search…g-cashback.aspx

A very nice CUDA workstation laptop (well “gaming laptop,” but to us it means a good GPU) for only $705!
It has the device 1.2 GT335m, 72 SPs at 1.1GHz, 1GB of GPU RAM.
Link on FatWallet.

Bing cashback is 20% at Bestbuy right now, and they sell GTX480s. You will likely need to pay sales tax, but with 20% off it still hard to beat!

Search on Bing for “LCD” to get the 20% off link. Bestbuy.com has the GTX480 at retail $500 price, so it’s only $400 after the Bing cash.

I just received the Foxconn A79A-S and, although an older AM2+/DDR2 motherboard, am very impressed with it’s potential as a GPU compute node. There is a 12v molex connection on the motherboard for providing supplemental power to the four PCIex16 Gen2 slots. Maximum power to each slot is BIOS-configurable with 75 watts being the “default” value. According to the manual, this value can be set from 0-255! The number of lanes to each slot is also configurable (out of 38 available), allowing unusual combinations such as x16/x16/x4 or x/16/x8/x8/x4 (in addition to the usual x16/x16 or x8/x8/x8/x8). The slot arrangement will only allow 3 dual-slot GPUs, but 4 GPUs are possible if at least two are single-slot.

Interesting board! Foxconn seems like it was in a risk-taking mood during that time. I have the somewhat related Socket 775+P45 Foxconn ELA – a unique board with a PCI-Express switch onboard. Only 3xPCIe x16 + 2 PCIe x1 though.

In other news, the Galaxy GTX 470 “GC” is ~$320 at TigerDirect and has $10 (instant) + 12% (Bing) + $5 (Google Checkout) off: here.

Yeah now if you try to reach Foxconn tech support, you get the “Nikki Sixx” voice mail message: “I’m sorry, I can’t take your call because I’m dead!” External Media

EVGA GeForce GT210 for $19.99 + shipping - Google $5 checkout (if you haven’t used it already): here.

512MB DDR3, single slot and Compute Capability 1.2. Good display card so you can leave your GTX 400 “headless” for debugging.

Edit: path to item through Bing.com is here.

Zotac GTX 480 for $445 or GTX 470 for $309 with free shipping at SuperBiiz using the coupon code PAPA30. The $30 off $300 works with other brand cards too.

GTX260, $141, free shipping

GT210 $15 after rebate!
Yet another good “display only” card. It’s low profile and fanless. Obviously no real compute power, but that’s fine for a display card.

GT210 $15 after rebate!
Yet another good “display only” card. It’s low profile and fanless. Obviously no real compute power, but that’s fine for a display card.

$12 for a GT210 after rebate. Not bad for a modern, low power display-only card. Passive cooler so it’s silent. This is a Compute level 1.2 device, not that it really matters since you likely won’t run CUDA much on it (though you could if you wanted to!)

$12 for a GT210 after rebate. Not bad for a modern, low power display-only card. Passive cooler so it’s silent. This is a Compute level 1.2 device, not that it really matters since you likely won’t run CUDA much on it (though you could if you wanted to!)

Quadro 4000 for only $452. It’s usually around $700 even on discount online shops.

It’s not a very fast card (it’s GF100 with HALF of the SMs disabled!) but it has the Quadro features enabled (ECC, DP, dual PCIe xfer engines, fast OpenGL, etc), and has a full 2GB of RAM. If you’re doing DP, this card will beat even a GTX580 for DP throughput.

And even sweeter than before, just $6 (after rebate!) for a GT210! A great display-only card.