Green Stripes Video Stream for Custom IMX335 Camera

This is a follow-up to this post. Now I am able to stream from the custom IMX335 camera using gst-launch-1.0 nvv4l2camerasrc ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=2616, height=1964, framerate=30/1" ! nvvidconv ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=NV12" ! nvoverlaysink. However, I’m getting this weird pattern instead of a real video:

From testing other image sensors, I learned that VI has some robustness against incorrect device tree settings. Does this mean that the transmitter is not outputting valid data? If not, what are the parameters I should pay attention to in the device tree node for the image sensor?

What’s the output format? v4l2-ctl --all
Confirm by v4l2-ctl --stream-mmap to confirm the driver and HW streaming function first.

v4l2-ctl -d0 --set-fmt-video=width=2616,height=1964,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap --stream-count=1 --stream-to=imx335.raw

runs to completion without errors.

Did you check the imx335.raw file?
Also confirm below command.

v4l2-ctl -d0 --set-fmt-video=width=2616,height=1964,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap

Yes, it is quite dim right now but I can boost the gain in the image sensor setting to change that.

Your command runs perfectly and reports 30~31 FPS.

Please use nvargus_nvraw to capture the nvraw and jpeg to confirm.

Thanks

nvargus_nvraw is not available on Jetson Linux R32.6.1 that I’m working on. The previous image comes from imx335.raw viewed in 7yuv. Is this not a valid approach?

The pipeline(driver) is different for the nvraw and raw capture from v4l2-ctl.
Could you check the badge in device tree if any duplicate with reference board to load incorrest ISP configure.

I see.
I assume you’re talking about the property under tegra-camera-platform. I tried the default badge and a non-default one, but both produce the same issue.

Suppose you need using nvarguscamerasrc instead of nvv4l2camerasrc for the bayer format sensor.

Thanks

I tried nvarguscamerasrc, but I got the execute:725 No cameras available error.
The IMX335 image sensor that I’m using from Sony outputs RAW10 data. Is it possible to stream from it using GStreamer at all?

It’s could be the device tree incorrect cause that. You need to review the context of tegra-camera-platform{} special the devname and badge.

If you use v4l2 instead of argus pipeline you need implement software debayer function due to the output is bayer format.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.