Gst-nvmsgconv new api for Deepstream 6.0

• Hardware Platform GPU
• DeepStream Version 6.0
• Issue Type questions

Hi, looking at the docs for deepstream 6’s nvmsgconv, there’s mention of a new api that allows for a NvDsPayload from just NvDsFrameMeta or NvDsObjectMeta. I would like to ask if there are any examples for doing so or can we see the new source code for this. The current sources/gst-plugins/gst-nvmsgconv still seems to be the old one and does not mention the newapi property.

My use case is to try to set up deepstream with event/detection metadata streaming from gst-launch-1.0 alone, so that I can use something like RidgeRun’s gstd to easily manage dynamic pipelines.

The related code can be found in gst_nvmsgconv_transform_ip() in /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/sources/gst-plugins/gst-nvmsgconv/gstnvmsgconv.c

if(self->msg2pNewApi){
        //generate payload at frameInterval(ex: every 30th frame)
        if(self->frameInterval && (((NvDsFrameMeta*)frame_meta)->frame_num % self->frameInterval))
            continue;
        guint payloadCount=0;
        NvDsMsg2pMetaInfo meta_info;
        meta_info.objMeta = NULL;
        meta_info.frameMeta = frame_meta;
        meta_info.mediaType = self->is_video?"video":"audio";

if (self->payloadType == NVDS_PAYLOAD_DEEPSTREAM_MINIMAL) {
``

Hmm I think this file wasn’t updated in the containers. Last updated May 26 2021. I’ve looked at both the container tags nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.0-ea-21.06-triton and nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.0-base

root@70f06a07bd3c:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/sources/gst-plugins/gst-nvmsgconv# ls -l
total 36
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1531 May 26  2021 Makefile
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1092 May 26  2021 README
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22273 May 26  2021 gstnvmsgconv.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2380 May 26  2021 gstnvmsgconv.h

nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.0-ea-21.06-triton is DeepStream 6.0 EA version.

The newAPI is introduced by DS 6.0 GA version.

And there is no source code released with nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.0-base container. It is just for basic function not for development.

Please read the document carefully. Docker Containers — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation

Oh I apologize for my mistake. Let me pull the nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:6.0-triton to check.

Edit: Found it. Once again, sorry for the mistake and thanks for your time!

Also, is there anywhere to download just the sources without having to pull the whole container?

No. The code is a part of the SDK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.