Gstreamer is not running

I am facing this error on running any gstreamer command,
example: gst-inspect-1.0

my system setup:
Jetson Xavier NX
Jetpack: 4.6.2

(gst-plugin-scanner:23319): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 18:55:27.996: cannot register existing type 'GstOMXVideoDec'

(gst-plugin-scanner:23319): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:55:27.996: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(gst-plugin-scanner:23319): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 18:55:27.996: g_type_register_static: assertion 'parent_type > 0' failed

(gst-plugin-scanner:23319): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:55:27.996: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

can anyone please suggest, what should i try to make it run again or detect the exact problem ?

Hi,
The prints look related to omx plugins. We have switched to use v4l2 plugins on Jetpack 4 so this should be harmless and can be ignored. Not sure what your use-case is. Video encoding or decoding? We have user guide in developer guide and please take a look.

hey @DaneLLL thanks for replying. my usecase is simple to display a video on screen and I am using simple pipepine for this:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink

it was showing earlier,but now I am not able to run any command, I am getting this same warning and no screen with any any gstreamer command. is there any way to debug this through command line or reinstall the gstreamer from scratch ?

Try:

rm ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.aarch64.bin
GST_DEBUG=*:3 gst-inspect-1.0 -b

Also, does the camera work with v4l2-ctl:

sudo apt install v4l-utils
v4l2-ctl -d  /dev/video0 --stream-mmap
2 Likes

Thanks @Honey_Patouceul. this was helpful. I uninstalled the gstreamer and then installed it again and its running without any errors and I am able to see video on screen.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.