gstreamer, qt and omxh265.

Hi,

I would like to know if there is some simple way to view h265 accelerated vidéos, by using qt and the openmax driver from nvidia.

Regards,

Nicolas Bigeard

Hi Nicolas,

Do you mean using h265 decoder to watch a h265 encoded video?

Please try

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<filename.mp4> ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! queue ! h265parse ! omxh265dec ! nvoverlaysink -e

Hi WayneWWW, Thanks for the reply, well yes, firstaval I do mean using an h265 decoder : omxh265dec… Of course, I tried the gst-launch line, which works like a charm. With nvoverlaysink or even nveglglessink.

My trouble, is that when using qt 5.9 I just can view the video by using the neoverlaysink… nveglglessink crashes beacause of some glGetString (according to gdb). I can put in the gdb output if you want…

In fact, I tried several ways that were proposed on the nvidia forums :

• exporting some QT WINDOW environnement variable (I could be more precise if you want).
  • modifying directly the qt video sink related code (in qt itself)
  • using the qtgstreamer lib.

Until now, there is no way I can get qt to work together with gstreamer.

The nvoverlaysink might work from time to time, but sadly the video goes then fullscreen, and there is no way I could get some window upon it…

Regards,

nicobi: I am just wondering if you could explain how to view a video with qt using neoverlaysink .
Thanks

For instance by typing :

export QT_GSTREAMER_WIDGET_VIDEOSINK=nvoverlaysink
export QT_GSTREAMER_WINDOW_VIDEOSINK=nvoverlaysink

ty

We support gstreamer and Tegra multimedia APIs on TX1/TX2. For qt, please other users can share experience.

Thank you for your answer.