Gstreamer syntax error issue

I’m trying to stream my screen to localhost through gstreamer.

However, when I run the following pipeline in terminal…

gst-launch-1.0 -v ximagesrc use-damage=0 ! videoscale method=0 ! video/x-raw, format=I420, framerate=30/1 ! \ x264enc tune=zerolatency ! mpegtsmux ! \ hlssink playlist-root=http://192.168.0.11:8080 location=/home/gstreamer/hlstest/segment_%05d.ts target-duration=5 max-files=5

I get the error
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: syntax error
What is the issue with the pipeline?

Hi,
You may run commands to construct the gstreamer pipeline step by step:

$ gst-launch-1.0 -v ximagesrc use-damage=0 ! videoscale method=0 ! video/x-raw, format=I420, framerate=30/1 ! fakesink
$ gst-launch-1.0 -v ximagesrc use-damage=0 ! videoscale method=0 ! video/x-raw, format=I420, framerate=30/1 !  x264enc tune=zerolatency ! mpegtsmux ! fakesink

To clarify which plugin triggers the error.

They both trigger similar errors:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link videoscale0 to fakesink0, videoscale0 can’t handle caps video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link videoscale0 to x264enc0, videoscale0 can’t handle caps video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1

What should I do yo fix this?

Hi,
It should be videoconvert instead of videoscale plugin. Please try

$ gst-launch-1.0 -v ximagesrc use-damage=0 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=I420, framerate=30/1 ! fakesink

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.