GT 730M won't turn on under Linux Mint, driver 331.113, blank error message

Hello, I’m a LinuxMint user who is having trouble turning on my graphics card on my laptop. I used the nVidia-settings GUI to turn off my graphics card in order to save battery and now I can’t turn it on again.

My card is the GeForce GT 730M (GK208M), with my integrated card being Intel 4400 or 4600, not sure which.

I have Bumblebee installed, and the Primus package. My driver version is the one recommended by the Mint driver manager: nvidia 331.113-0ubuntu0.0.4.

When I try to use the GUI utility to turn the card back on, I get an error. The error message doesn’t have any content, it’s just an empty dialog box with an error icon. When run from the command line, the message is simply "ERROR: ".

If I try to run an application using Bumblebee, I get the following error:

primusrun ./Vessel

2014/12/12 11:22:36 socat[4135] E connect(3, AF=1 “/var/run/bumblebee.socket”, 27): Permission denied
Couldn’t find XDG_DATA_HOME.
Fall back to hardcoded ~/.local/share/Vessel/.
Couldn’t find XDG_CONFIG_HOME.
Fall back to hardcoded ~/.config/Vessel/.
primus: fatal: failed to connect to Bumblebee daemon: Permission denied

I would like to use my graphics card to run graphics intensive programs, particularly games, and ideally, I’d like to be able to take advantage of graphics switching. Can anyone help me?

I’ve attached a copy of the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file produced by the nvidia-bug-report.sh script.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (49.7 KB)