GTC 2010

Any familiar faces I should be looking for? I should be around the entire time, answering questions and the like (in other words, secretly planning features for upcoming CUDA releases).

I’ll be there every day.

Tim, be careful. If people from this forum find you at the conference, you’re going to get stinking drunk with all the beers people buy you…

I’ll be there every day.

Tim, be careful. If people from this forum find you at the conference, you’re going to get stinking drunk with all the beers people buy you…

Especially with 3.2 news…

Especially with 3.2 news…

To those who are thinking of maybe going to GTC next week, but haven’t already made your reservations:

I go to 3-4 conferences a year. Last year’s GTC 2009 was really an exceptional conference… one of those great ones where there’s just so much to learn, you’re excited to see one session but angry that you had to skip two others that were almost as enticing! And repeat that 5 times a day for 3 days. And then repeat that again with the networking and geekouts with old friends and new… never enough time to meet and talk to everyone you want to.

So if you’re interested in CUDA programming and you have any hesitation about “maybe the conference won’t be worth the effort…” then you’d be wrong. I’m not an NVIDIA employee nor conference organizer (I’m not even giving a session this year) so I have no motive for advertising the conference… just honest encouragement and endorsement. If GTC is half as good as it was last year, it will be incredible.

So you fence-sitters… get off and sign up!

To those who are thinking of maybe going to GTC next week, but haven’t already made your reservations:

I go to 3-4 conferences a year. Last year’s GTC 2009 was really an exceptional conference… one of those great ones where there’s just so much to learn, you’re excited to see one session but angry that you had to skip two others that were almost as enticing! And repeat that 5 times a day for 3 days. And then repeat that again with the networking and geekouts with old friends and new… never enough time to meet and talk to everyone you want to.

So if you’re interested in CUDA programming and you have any hesitation about “maybe the conference won’t be worth the effort…” then you’d be wrong. I’m not an NVIDIA employee nor conference organizer (I’m not even giving a session this year) so I have no motive for advertising the conference… just honest encouragement and endorsement. If GTC is half as good as it was last year, it will be incredible.

So you fence-sitters… get off and sign up!

I’ll be there! We’re going to have an exhibition booth, and I’m giving a Developers Summit presentation about our new product, GPU.NET:

[url=“https://nvidia.confreg.com/gputechconference/schedule/by-session/4c756575165562047d00004d”]https://nvidia.confreg.com/gputechconferenc...65562047d00004d[/url]

I’m actually quite looking forward to meeting everyone at the conference this year…wanted to go to GTC 2009 but couldn’t make it.

I’ll be there! We’re going to have an exhibition booth, and I’m giving a Developers Summit presentation about our new product, GPU.NET:

[url=“https://nvidia.confreg.com/gputechconference/schedule/by-session/4c756575165562047d00004d”]https://nvidia.confreg.com/gputechconferenc...65562047d00004d[/url]

I’m actually quite looking forward to meeting everyone at the conference this year…wanted to go to GTC 2009 but couldn’t make it.

I’ll be there all week. Will be giving a presentation on HOOMD-blue Thursday at 3:00 in I forget which session.

I’ll be there all week. Will be giving a presentation on HOOMD-blue Thursday at 3:00 in I forget which session.

Indeed - the conference organisers seem to believe that I can fork and join at will.

Indeed - the conference organisers seem to believe that I can fork and join at will.

Yeah, it’s as though they’re trying to subliminally re-enforce the beauty of doing tasks in parallel? :P

I’ll be there all week as well; looking forward to meeting and thanking the people on the forums.

I’m also doing a poster on using CUDA for cardiac simulations - be sure to drop by!

Yeah, it’s as though they’re trying to subliminally re-enforce the beauty of doing tasks in parallel? :P

I’ll be there all week as well; looking forward to meeting and thanking the people on the forums.

I’m also doing a poster on using CUDA for cardiac simulations - be sure to drop by!

I am not coming. I wish I could have…

I am not coming. I wish I could have…

But it’s generally recognised that humans require nine months to perform a fork(), and the subsequent exec() takes around 18 years…

But it’s generally recognised that humans require nine months to perform a fork(), and the subsequent exec() takes around 18 years…

Good one… lol…