GTX 1650 (Notebook) + Linux/GNU, HDMI port not working

This only works with the xorg session and when I switch to tty1, I lose the connection. I’d like to use no login/display manager and start the desktop (be it using Wayland or X11) only when needed.

You mention being able to use the amd gpu as default, leaving the nvidia gpu to handle hdmi and offloading. Do you think that that this would be a possible fix?

GRUB doesn’t show on the HDMI port, and neither does the systemd boot screen, only Xorg works. this leads me to think it may be a kernel level issue.

I don’t understand well what you want to do, but probably you might want to try switching back to Nouveau driver temporary and check if that allows you to do what you want. There is a page on Debian Wiki NVIDIA Optimus that explains how to use Nouveau without uninstalling the proprietary Nvidia driver. The file /etc/X11/xorg.conf is mentioned there, but in your case should be the optimus.conf file you create previously.

In response to what I wanted earlier

Even a fresh windows install can’t do that.

TL;DR
How do I “force grub to the removable media path” when installing manjaro, as I would with debian? I’ve decided to go the route of manjaro, but in doing so, I no longer have Grub showing up at boot, instead falling back onto Manjaro bootloader, meaning I can’t use the windows partition.
@deltalejo
I’m having this issue again, and sid is missing a few pkgs so I’ve bumped down to testing. I had been playing around with Manjaro, and it seemed to be offloading out of the box, albeit not perfectly. The main screen would work fine, but the secondary screen would show a mirror image for a few seconds, then it would stop updating altogether aside from cursor position. Also, I’m not able to force grub to the efi removable media path when installing manjaro and windows only and if I want to use grub and not have it fallback on the manjaro bootloader (preventing me from accessing my windows partition and making the boot process take precious seconds more), I have to tri boot Manjaro, Debian and Bimbos. I’ve used Arch, and after having attempted LFS numerous times I can say that Arch provides it’s user the AUR and bleeding edge software, but also a false sense of superiority due to the install process. Manjaro will do me fine, but I still prefer the familiarity of debian. I can get used to Manjaro in place of Debian, that’s fine.

My question today is this: how should this be updated such that I may continue to use Debian, or how do I “force grub to the removable media path” when installing manjaro, as I would with debian?