GTX 1660 ti - Linux very laggy when Nvidia set as primary driver

Hi, I’m running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
The system is very laggy, it looks like there are micro freezes at regular intervals (every second). I tried different versions of the driver (430, 435, 440) but it doesn’t help.
I faced the same problems with Debian.
Here is the bug report :
nvidia-bug-report.log (3.3 MB)

Which DE are you using?
Furthermore, some application seems to query the monitors once a second, some plugin installed?

I’m using Gnome but i also tried xfce and lxde with no improvement, I don’t have any plugins installed and it’s a fresh install.

I can’t really make heads or tails of it, everything seems to be fine yet I see there’s something happening once a second. Since it happens across DEs/distributions, there seems to be some machine specific problem.
Maybe start by checking your monitor/hdmi cable, on bad connections the gpu has a hard time keeping it alive resulting in lags and freezes. Can you use a different connector/monitor/cable?

1 Like

I just tried different things and it seems that the problems comes from the adapter I use on the display port,I’ll try to get a new one, I should have think of this earlier… Thank you very much for your time and help