GTX 480 conflicts with SoundMax card?

I just installed GTX 480 in a Dell Precision T7400 computer. Orignally I had a GTX 280 installed in it and everything was fine. After GTX 480 was installed, the soundmax card stopped working. In fact, it no longer shows up in the device manager. I don’t think I damaged the sound card or motherboard. Everything is working except for the sound card. I searched the Internet and saw that if I disable the Nvidia HD audio, the original sound card may come back. I tried this option and restarted the computer, but it still did not show the soundmax card. Please advise what I can do to bring the sound card back. The operating system is Windows XP 32 bit.

Thank you,

Same problem here. Downloaded 260.99 for win7 64, see that the software wants to update my sound drivers so i let it. After restart, no sound devices showing, no sound. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesnt help.

I restore my system from a backup and everything works as usual.

I run the 260.99 setup once again, this time i choose not to install audio drivers. Still, after restart no sound device and no sound!

Time to look over this NVIDIA.

MOBO: Asus P6T WS Pro with SoundMAX integrated audio

Same problem here. Downloaded 260.99 for win7 64, see that the software wants to update my sound drivers so i let it. After restart, no sound devices showing, no sound. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesnt help.

I restore my system from a backup and everything works as usual.

I run the 260.99 setup once again, this time i choose not to install audio drivers. Still, after restart no sound device and no sound!

Time to look over this NVIDIA.

MOBO: Asus P6T WS Pro with SoundMAX integrated audio

Hello,

I tried installing a GTX480 (Asus ENGTX480 to be precise) in a T7400 Dell precision. I got a BIOS message
“failed to initialize pci slot 2” (or 4 if I change the slot). I tried both slot and two gtx 480 cards.

I tried deactivating integrated audio … still no success …

I flashed with the latest A06 BIOS … still no success …

Any idea ?

Cheers,
Christophe

Hello,

I tried installing a GTX480 (Asus ENGTX480 to be precise) in a T7400 Dell precision. I got a BIOS message
“failed to initialize pci slot 2” (or 4 if I change the slot). I tried both slot and two gtx 480 cards.

I tried deactivating integrated audio … still no success …

I flashed with the latest A06 BIOS … still no success …

Any idea ?

Cheers,
Christophe