Guvcview

hallo everyone,
i use Sony IMX477 camera and i want to use guvcview to take a Photos, but when i call it i get error like this:

can you help me please?

Have reference to below topic.

Additional info: The above referenced topic may help for building v4l2loopback (you may try 0.12.7 instead of 0.12.5), that would help simulating a V4L camera that might be opened by gucview.
The rest of the topic is about simulating a MJPG camera and is unrelated to your case.
I have no Nano and no experience with IMX477, but my understanding would be that it would use Argus for debayering and send frames into NVMM memory, so if you can display (assuming a GUI running on X display) with:

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink

And after having created a virtual camera node with modprobe (let’s say it created /dev/video2, check and adapt to your case), then you could use the following pipeline for feeding the virtual node (here converting to YUY2 format):

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw,format=YUY2 ! identity drop-allocation=1 ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video2

You may then be able to use /dev/video2 as a YUY2 camera and try gucview or other tool (gucview may not be the best choice on Nano).

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink

Note that v4l2loopback may add some CPU overhead, depending on resolution and framerate.

Hallo @ShaneCCC ShaneCCC,
i have Jetson nano 2GB, Ubuntu 18.04 , JetPack 4.6, R32, REVISION: 6.1
I want to share here, that I am using my Sony IMX477 as a CSI camera, not as a USB camera, so when I run this command:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw,format=YUY2,width=1344,height=376,framerate=30/1 ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=I420' ! nvjpegenc ! multipartmux ! multipartdemux single-stream=1 ! 'image/jpeg, parsed=(boolean)true, width=(int)1344, height=(int)376, colorimetry=(string)2:4:7:1, framerate=(fraction)30/1,sof-marker=(int)0' ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video2 -v

i get error like this:

i have tried a webCam with this Command, i get:
/dev/video2 : is not a playback device

but with the Command:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink.

My webcam is working fine, but how can I take a picture??

Hallo @Honey_Patouceul ,
i have Jetson nano 2GB, Ubuntu 18.04 , JetPack 4.6, R32, REVISION: 6.1
I want to share here, that I am using my Sony IMX477 as a CSI camera, not as a USB camera, so when I run this command:

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink

my CSI-Camera is working fine, but how can i take a picture from it and save the Pictures??

when i excute this command:

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw,format=YUY2 ! identity drop-allocation=1 ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video2

i get error like this:

i have tried a webCam with this Command, i get:
/dev/video2 : is not a playback device

Did you build v4l2loopback as a module ?
Did you load it with sudo modprobe v4l2loopback ?
What is the video node created ? If you have only one camera, it would be /dev/video0 and the v4l2loopback node would be /dev/video1. So after reboot try:

# List video nodes
ls /dev/video*

# Load v4l2loopback module
sudo modprobe v4l2loopback

# List video nodes, the new one has been created by v4l2loopback
ls /dev/video*

you would than retry your pipeline setting property device of v4l2sink.to the newly created video node.

Also note that if you just want to take pictures from camera, v4l2loopback emulating a webcam is not mandatory.
You may do that from gstreamer only. See:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.