hairworks, warning: 2691 out of 3470 fur strands share mesh vertices with other lines. They will not

Hi, I’m using hairworks, I’m trying to export a hairworks apx file from maya. I keep getting this warning 2691 out of 3470 fur strands share mesh vertices with other lines. They will not be exported!

I’m using shave to generate the curves, they only place one guide per vertice, so I don’t know where the shared mesh vertices are coming from? Can anyone advise?

As a result, When I open the apx in hairworks viewer, the groom is very patchy

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I’m also getting the issue. Im using xgen to generate here and then converting the guides to curves but have the above issue. Can we get an answer for this please?

Thanks!

If you are not using the latest HairWorks plug-in, please download and try again. Here is a link, https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload.
Currently HairWorks supports one hair on one vertex only. If there are more hairs than the count of the vertices, this could happen.
If you still get the problem, can you send me your samples? My email is juma@nvidia.com.

emmmm
It is 2018 now, and i getting this issue.
plugin vision is 1.2.11024.03362 for 3ds Max 2016.
Some growth worked well but some does not, is there any limite for the growth mesh?

I can second this. I am working on a project that needs real time fur and HairWorks is a nightmare.

Anyone found a solution for this yet?

There is no limiation on growth mesh. But there is limitation on the guide lines. each guide line should be close to one vertex on growth mesh. And one vertex of growthem mesh can only be used by one guide line.
If you still have problem, you can email to me, juma@nvidia.com.