I am tring to implement a hardware trigger with the argus framework.
The use case is:
- We start an application.
- Start connect to the cameras,
- Wait for a hardware trigger to trigger multiple sensors a the same time with high precision (sub milisecond) (possibly connected to different devices)
- Read the frames taken at the triggers and process them.
Is there any way in the Argus framework to wait for a hardware trigger?
We also tried a workarround.
- Starting a camera stream.
- Pausing the sensor from otside source, until hardware trigger.
- resuming the camera feed at trigger.
The problem with this approach was that the Argus Framework times out after 1 second of wating for the camera.
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Unexpected error in reading socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 266) (Argus) Error EndOfFile: Receiving thread terminated with error (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadWrapper(), line 368)
Possibly is there any way to disable the timeout in the low level Argus?