Has anyone gotten nvopencc to compile?

It would be very cool to use nvopencc to perform source-level analysis or transformations. So far, I’m getting build errors; the directory src/be/bec seems to be empty.

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas

edit - url at [ftp://download.nvidia.com/CUDAOpen64/] (for some reason phpbb always adds a http prefix)

Hi!

I also experimented with nvopencc compiler. I managed to build it from the sources available at svn.open64.net (NVISA target) and added some useful

intrinsics not available from CUDA… There was a number of compile errors: in fact, it concerns with expanding floating-point operators - some of them are just not implemented… ((

so I had to reimplement them by analogy with other operators. Up to now the compiler works pretty well with CUDA 2.1

I probably don’t have the hacking skills you do; would you mind sharing? If you’ve already integrated your code and don’t want to share it, I’d appreciate an email; I’d be happy to fix the compile errors only.

Thanks,

Nicholas

I now get

./table < OPTIONS.P

./table INTERNAL ERROR: didn't find name F F self

Is this related to the float problems you fixed?

I had to make the same modification to osprey/linux/make/gcommondefs as noted at http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=&…st&p=540481, then made a new 64-bit compile directory with Makefile.platform from nVidia’s sources, and copy the “build” directory from nVidia’s sources.

Thanks in advance!

hmm… this might be because I installed mcpp… will update this thread if I find out.

edit: no, it’s not mcpp…

edit2: any help would be much appreciated… this table thing is very annoying… I hate it when C programmers try to rewrite standard library features… all this annoyance for some command line parsing code.

I copied the nvopencc to a repository [link] if anyone is running into my initial compile problems (I’m building in src/targia3264_nvisa).

I think be/bec is an optional tool, therefore, when I fix the table problem, I’ll try commenting it out of the makefile…

I did finally get it to compile… I’m still not sure what the problem with table.c was. I ended up reinstalling suse… the link in the prev. post now seems to build for me (64 bit).

no, as far as I remember osprey/driver/table.c was fine…

There were other errors, epsecially in osprey/be/cg/NVISA/expand.cxx - some procedures have incorrect number of parameters,

others are not implemented - like Expand_Flop().

I looked through your repository and seems to have the same problems… Although I tried to compile only 32-bit NVISA, perhaps 64-bit

version from nvidia server has other problems.

Concerning the source code - actually I don’t have svn repository currently installed - if you still need it, we can contact via emails.