Have you noticed high fan RPMs after installing Quadro 4000 ?

Just after I installed my new Nvidia Quadro 4000 for Mac I noticed that the fans are running at a much higher speed, everything else is working fine though, has anybody else noticed something like this ?, thanks

Same here. The noise of the fans is enormous. I replaced the Quadro4000 with the standard ATI Radeon HD 5770 that came with my 12core MacPro 2010. The result: No noise at all and no less speed in Display Port using Cinema 4D.
If there would only be a control panel or something like an analyse tool for the Card.

Still hoping for better Mac drivers in the future…

Have you noticed that sometimes for no reason the fan speed will go down…

I don’t think is temperature related becasue if I run Cinebench and execute an OpenGL test it will go down to the normal values and will stay there, this is really weird, it seems like the card needs to be activated or engaged by some application and the fans (Expansion Slot and Power Supply) will return to their normal values, any suggestion ?, thanks

Right. I can’t define which application makes the fans go crazy, but the noise is going down slowly after a while just to go up a little later. Any help is appreciated. I’ve got an 800€ Card laying on my desk just because I can’t use my phone in the same room when the card is running…

There is only a loud noise when the graphics card is not yet installed, during startup for example.