Having an issue flashing my Jetson Orin NX, any help

I have some questions that I would like to get the answers for:

1. I am trying to write the bootloader into the GSPI flash and the OS into the NVM flash, is that what my flash command will do.
  2. Does the SOM have GSPI internal flash?
  3. If I flash the bootloader and the something fails in the write of the external flash will I see anything on the serial from the bootloader when I power up after flashing?
  4. Do I need to format the external flash before I try and use my flash command to program the external flash?

I guess it should be “QSPI” but not “GSPI”. If so, then the answer is “yes”.

Does the SOM have GSPI internal flash?

Yes, we also have method to flash QSPI only.

If I flash the bootloader and the something fails in the write of the external flash will I see anything on the serial from the bootloader when I power up after flashing?

Yes, you wil.

Do I need to format the external flash before I try and use my flash command to program the external flash?

Our flash tool will format for you.

Having an issue with my connection to the recovery port on my carrier board but when I run the initrd_flash command I end up reconnecting and running the bootloader/flashcmd.txt script. Is there something wrong with my flash command results?
flashoutlog.txt (241.6 KB)

when the documentation refers to “your board dts” what file is this referencing?

Sorry for the late response, is this still an issue to support? Thanks

Yes still can not get my system completely flashed.

I saw you already had another post with DaveYYY. Let’s just discuss over there.

Ok sounds good

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.