HDMI keep blinking with "Started User Manager for UID 120" message

I tried both “gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-i686_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz” and “gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz” but the result was same.

We can resolve this issue after updating the tool.

Do you use below command before compilation?

export CROSS_COMPILE=$HOME/l4t-gcc/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-

Yes I’m using these commands before compilation and I can confirm that cross compiler has been changed due to size of Image was different with previous one. But problem still happen.

export CROSS_COMPILE=$HOME/Desktop/Projects/JetsonXavier/cross_compiler/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-
export ARCH=arm64
export TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT=$HOME/Desktop/Projects/JetsonXavier/source/public_sources/kernel_out

Could you please share your kernel config file?

Thanks

Honestly, if you have an unmodified kernel booted, then your best config is from “/proc/config.gz” (along with edit of CONFIG_LOCALVERSION this is an exact match to the shipped configuration…anyone developing should always save a protected pristine copy of this from the running stock kernel).

Hi WayneWWW, was this problem really solved? I tried all cross compiler version and problem still was here. When I compare the size of Image from “JAX-TX2-Jetson_Linux_R32.1.0_aarch64.tbz2” and re-compiled Image with default configuration, there is a little difference.

Thank linuxdev, I got it. When I compile with this config, the output was same as “tegra_defconfig” in arch/arm64/config of kernel source code.

Hi forever3000,

Upload our kernel Image, please check this one is working on your side or not.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rgtDFqrXUcTiZhUzQhax-49CC1jIA5sU/view?usp=sharing

List my steps for you reference:

1. Download R32.1 source: <a target='_blank' rel='noopener noreferrer' href='https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-sources-32-1-JAX-TX2'>https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-sources-32-1-JAX-TX2</a>
2. export TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT=/home/carol/Desktop/R32.1_Xavier_Build/Out_20190702
3. export CROSS_COMPILE=/home/carol/Desktop/R32.1_Xavier_Build/l4t-gcc/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-i686_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-
4. export ARCH=arm64
5. cd ../public_sources/kernel/kernel-4.9/
6. make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT tegra_defconfig
7. make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT -j4

Hi carolyuu,

The system could boot up properly with your Image. Even though I tried same your steps and output Image has same size with your Image but the problem still happened.

I will check every step again.

Hi carolyuu,

May I ask how could you extract .tbz2 file correctly?

Hi forever3000,

I’m using below command to tar .tbz2 file:

$ tar xpvf JAX-TX2-public_sources.tbz2

Hi forever3000,

Did you add below configuration when building image?

export LOCALVERSION=-tegra

Hi WayneWWW,

Thank you so much. This command solved my current problem.