HDMI problem of the TX2

I don’t see a definitive answer, but the following might be useful…

This indicates 1024x768:

162.741 (II) NVIDIA(0): Validated MetaModes:
   162.741 (II) NVIDIA(0):     "DFP-0:nvidia-auto-select"
   162.741 (II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1024 x 768

…but this does not necessarily say what scan rate.

Later it says this:

162.803 (II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "DFP-0:nvidia-auto-select"
   163.954 (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to set the display configuration.

…this latter line about failed to set the display configuration should not show up. Perhaps it is an inability to show at the 1024x768 resolution for some particular scan rate? I don’t know.

The only way I know of to understand why 1024x768 is valid, but not selected, is to add this to the “/etc/X11/xorg.conf” Section “Device”, and then post the log after rebooting:

Option   "ModeDebug"

Having the driver tell us what is wrong with 1024x768 beats guessing.

We are still digging into this one internally. Sorry for inconvenience.

In the meantime, please also contact forever3000, who seems resolve this through hardware rework.

Hi,everyone. I resolve this problem: the uart1’s tx pin must set his default status when power up. Can’t driver, pull-up ,pull-down.I do this then the board works well!

Hi Richardzhr,

Were you using default pinmux spreadsheet??

@WayneWWW Yes, I use default pinmux spreadsheet. I connect a level-shift chip on uart1’s tx pin. Now I disable the chip on power up and enable the chip when dispaly is Ok. Then all is right. The DSG is useful.

Hi Richardzhr,

So it is only reproduced when uart1 Tx is enabled? If display is ready before your chip on, everything would be fine?

Yes. I only reproduce the uart1 tx pin. After the display is ok, I test the function I need such as pcie, usb,uart0,uart1, etc.All is right. I think some HW reason affect the TX2 when power up. Some pins must be the right status when power up need.