Headless initial configuration cause PC rushing to collapse

Hi everyone

I was trying to do the headless initial configuration. I conneted the MICRO-USB port to my Notebook installed with Win10 through SecureCRT, When I come to the step of Choosing network interface, If I stay here for sometime or choose any items, my Notebook rushed to collapse with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, after my notebook restart and open SecureCRT again, the console prompt “localhost login:”,and I can’t use the username configured before to login. Why? How to avoid the collapse? This problem can be reproduce again and again.

Regards

May I know what device has problem? Your pc or the nano?

The nano can be configured successfully through HDMI display, so the nano is OK. The problem occur when I configure it without the display but with the MICRO-USB. When I come to the step choosing the network interface, My PC rush to collapse,and it seems that the configuration failed as I can’t use my account configured before this step to login.

I have seen that error when plugging a Android phone with USB tethering into a windows machine. Some windows machines seem to not like the USB network device Linux provides (one of the devices provided over USB). You might try another USB controller. For example, if you are plugging the nano into a USB 3.0 port, you might try a USB 2.0 port instead. I am surprised Microsoft hasn’t fixed this already.