I’m having significant issues setting up a persistent wifi connection on a headless TX2 setup. Here are the steps I’ve taken:
- Flash TX2 w/ Jetpack 3.3.
- Plug TX2 into router via ethernet. Connection works and IP assigned via DHCP from router.
- SSH into TX2.
- Set the following in my /etc/network/interfaces (and yes wpa_supplicant is installed and running in background)
auto wlan0 allow-hotplug wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp wpa-ssid "MYSSID" wpa-psk "MYASCIIPASSWORD"
- If I restart networking.service, the wifi connection does not connect.
- If I restart the TX2, the wifi connection does not work, and now SSH refuses connection via ethernet and I have to reflash.
Does anybody have any insight as to what is going on here? Is network manager somehow interfering? Is the fact that I have the TX2 connected via ethernet and (attempting) wifi at the same time?
I’m currently at work, but can post dmesg logs if that would be helpful. Thanks so much!