Hector slam RPlidar A1 error (executable (chmod +x))

followed this to get a basic idea on how lidar can work with mapping

Everything works up to the hector slam section when I run

roslaunch hector_slam_launch tutorial.launch

this causes the following error
ERROR: cannot launch node of type [hector_mapping/hector_mapping]: Cannot locate node of type [hector_mapping] in package [hector_mapping]. Make sure file exists in package path and permission is set to executable (chmod +x)
ERROR: cannot launch node of type [hector_trajectory_server/hector_trajectory_server]: Cannot locate node of type [hector_trajectory_server] in package [hector_trajectory_server]. Make sure file exists in package path and permission is set to executable (chmod +x)
ERROR: cannot launch node of type [hector_geotiff/geotiff_node]: Cannot locate node of type [geotiff_node] in package [hector_geotiff]. Make sure file exists in package path and permission is set to executable (chmod +x)
Ive run through the example 4 times or so using a vnc but I continue to get this error.
What am I missing or whats missing in the example, the nodes are there so Im thinking it has to do with executable (chmod +x)
im new to ros
thanks for the help

Hi @midnightmoonlight, sorry I’m not personally familiar with the Hector SLAM package or this tutorial - maybe others from the community can share their experiences.

Were you able to build the Hector SLAM package okay? Can you use rospack to see if it can find the package and this technique for listing the available nodes?

okay not sure what happened need some more basic understanding of ros and catkin. this is my first attempt. the problem is with the catkin build I get this error
was previously built by ‘catkin_make’. Please remove the build space or pick a different build space.
in the the example it has you change a few things in launch file then dirrects you to cd ~/catkin_ws/ then catkin build but that doesnt work. any good reading for building catkin workspaces?

If you are new to ROS, I would work through these tutorials: http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Tutorials

Those are what I followed when I first started with ROS (although I am by no means an expert)

thanks
I ran catkin clean and catkin make and it works but having some issue now with the map portion of rviz

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.