Hello Ai- Re-training SSD-Mobilenet from static images

Hello all

I have already collected a small dataset of static unlabeled images and was wondering the best way to re-train SSD-Mobilenet as it seems most likely to do what I’m after.

The GUI doesnt seem to allow training from a static image.
Should I use detectnet instead?

Why I’m asking questions, I cant seem to figure out how to download a relationships dataset from Open Images, I’m after the ‘wears’ category to try to get a robot arm to play guess who.

I can tell from my initial tests, its going to need to be re-trained on cartoon people :)

Hi @murray, I would recommend using the CVAT tool to label already-captured images. You can export from CVAT in Pascal VOC format. Then create a labels.txt file and use train_ssd.py the same way that you would as if you used my GUI tool.

Thanks @dusty_mv,
Great tutorials by the way.

That’s a really interesting tool.

I was going to use this project for my NVIDIA Ambassador project, so I want to use the Jetson (2g) to achieve every task.

I might try to collect the images again from the live feed.

Opencv looks more light weight to achieve the same task?

Thanks

Do you mean for DNN object detection? jetson-inference uses TensorRT which will give the best DNN performance on NVIDIA GPUs and Jetson devices.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.