Hello everyone, I have a question about shutting down the interface. When I try to make the port down by issuing "mstlink -d <PCIadd> -a DN" command, I get the errors below:

Errors

------

Sending PAOS raised the following exception: port is not Down, for some reasons:

1- The link is configured to be up, run this command if KEEP_ETH_LINK_UP_Px is True:

mlxconfig -d set KEEP_ETH_LINK_UP_P<port_number>=0

2- Port management is enabled (management protocol requiring the link to remain up, PAOS won’t manage to disable the port)

3- In case of multi-host please verify all hosts are not holding the port up

1. The configuration of KEEP_ETH_LINK_UP is set to false

casual1st:~# mstconfig -d q KEEP_ETH_LINK_UP_P1

Device #1:

Device type: ConnectX5

Name: MCX516A-CCA_Ax

Description: ConnectX-5 EN network interface card; 100GbE dual-port QSFP28; PCIe3.0 x16; tall bracket; ROHS R6

Device:

Configurations: Next Boot

KEEP_ETH_LINK_UP_P1 False(0)

I don’t have an answer for 2 and 3. I don’t know how to check those.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ramazan,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Networking Community.

Based on the information provided, we cannot reproduce this issue in our labs.

Please make sure that the following is in place:

• Update the adapter to the latest f/w → https://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware/connectx5en
  • This issue will occur when this port is shared through the system LOM (for example iDRAC), disable the shared LOM function for this adapter in your systems BIOS
  • Try using MFT instead of the mst tools provided by the Linux distro

If all this does not resolve the issue, we recommend to open a NVIDIA Networking Support ticket, by sending an email to networking-support@nvidia.com (Valid support contract required).

Thank you and regards,

~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support