[Help] incorrect register class for result 0

Hi,

Anyone met the error of “incorrect register class”?

I modified the sample projects and build it on XP x86 platform with Quadro FX 5600.
It was ok yesterday.
I added some calls of cudaMalloc, cudaMallocHost, cudamemcpy and some custom struct then.
And I got this error message now:

1>### Assertion failure at line 1440 of …/…/be/cg/cgemit.cxx:
1>### Compiler Error in file C:\DOCUME~1\SPHERE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/tmpxft_00000eb4_00000000-4.i during Assembly phase:
1>### incorrect register class for result 0
1>nvopencc ERROR: C:\CUDA\bin/…/open64/lib//be.exe returned non-zero status 1
1>Linking…
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘.\Debug\simpleD3D.obj’

I’m not sure what happens. @_@
Is there anyone have similar experience before?
Thank you very much.

Oh, I find the answer. It was caused by force type transfer.

I’m having the same problem and I have no idea what the sentence above means. Does anyone know how to fix this and/or what “force type transfer” is?

I’m having the same problem and I have no idea what the sentence above means. Does anyone know how to fix this and/or what “force type transfer” is?

“### Assertion failure at line …” is indicative of a problem inside the CUDA compiler. If you could post a small, self-contained piece of code that reproduces the issue with CUDA 3.1, I would be happy to look at it and file a compiler bug if necessary. Thanks!

“### Assertion failure at line …” is indicative of a problem inside the CUDA compiler. If you could post a small, self-contained piece of code that reproduces the issue with CUDA 3.1, I would be happy to look at it and file a compiler bug if necessary. Thanks!