Help - Jetson Nano - NUMBA and PyQt?

I want to use pyqtgraph with PyQt4 and NUMBA on my Jetson Nano.

The NUMBA installation requires a version of CONDA to be installed, as described here under section 1.3.6:

https://numba.pydata.org/numba-doc/dev/user/installing.html

However, from within the CONDA environment I cannot install PyQt4 so the following python line in my program throws an error:

from pyqtgraph.Qt import QtGui, QtCore

Note that under the python3 environment I have previously had PyQt working correctly on the Nano (albeit without using NUMBA) But from the python environment, it’s not clear how to install NUMBA.

I don’t care if I use python or Conda, I just want both packages working together.

Could anybody explain how I get a program running on my Jetson Nano which uses pyqtgraph, PyQt4 AND NUMBA?

Thanks, Ben

Hi,

We can install pyqtgraph directly with this command:

sudo apt-get install python3-pyqtgraph

Could you give it a try?
Thanks.

Hi AastaLLL,

Thanks for your message.
Unfortunately your suggestion does not fix the problem. I already have pyqtgraph installed, but it requires PyQt4 as a prerequisite. I do not know how to install PyQt4 on CONDA (I already have it on python)
So, I still get the following error message:

(base) dlinano@jetson-nano:~/mantis$ python3 GCC_PHAT_FB6.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “GCC_PHAT_FB6.py”, line 4, in
from pyqtgraph.Qt import QtGui, QtCore
File “/home/dlinano/c4aarch64_installer/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyqtgraph/init.py”, line 13, in
from .Qt import QtGui
File “/home/dlinano/c4aarch64_installer/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyqtgraph/Qt.py”, line 44, in
raise Exception(“PyQtGraph requires one of PyQt4, PyQt5 or PySide; none of these packages could be imported.”)
Exception: PyQtGraph requires one of PyQt4, PyQt5 or PySide; none of these packages could be imported.

Hi,

PyQ4 can be installed in a similar way.

sudo apt-get install python-qt4

Thanks.

AastaLLL

I don’t think your suggestion installs QT4 in the CONDA environment. I already have QT4 running under the python3 environment. I need it under CONDA, bacause that’s where NUMBA is, and my program requires both.

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry that we are not familiar with CONDA environment.
But we remember there are some issues to install it on the Jetson platform.
Here is a related topic for your reference: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1051415/jetson-nano/anaconda-for-jetson-nano/

Except from CONDA, NUMBA should be workable on the Jetson platform.
You can check the following topic for information. It requires you to install LLVM from source first.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1028001/jetson-tx1/numba-package-in-python-on-jetson-/post/5323156/#5323156

Thanks.

Hi AastaLLL,

I have been experimenting with PyCUDA. This does install OK on Jetson Nano and does not require CONDA.
I think my problem may go away, because I can re-write my code to use PyCUDA rather than NUMBA.
I can run PyCUDA, and QT4 and all of the other packages I need under a standard Python3 environment.

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Good to hear that.
Feel free to let us know if anything we can help.