Help with Installation of GeForce 8400GS Gettin blue screen

So I got my XFX NVidia GeForce 8400GS graphics card today, and after installing the graphics drivers, and restarting, just before my login screen would show up, I’d get the “Blue Screen of Death” and my system would restart.
I run Windows 7 Ultimate with a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz / 2.59GHz, and a 64-bit OS.

Is there any special way I need to install the graphics card? And I did notice it was marked NVidia GeForce with CUDA

Well, I have the same configuration, and I didn’t any special configuration… only I installed the drivers from Nvidia Page.

Now I have installed the last drivers, but when I plugged on the 8400GS, I installed this one:

“258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_international_whql” (you can download this from Nvidia Page). Make sure that you have been removed ALL drivers before install. I think that windows give you a “generic” driver for this graphic card, and after that, you can install the driver (I’m sorry if this is incorrect, I’m not expert in Windows :S).

Have you seen if you can select the graphic card to use in BIOS? I have selected PCI Express VGA (only).

I hope that I will help you…

Saludos

Well…I figured it out, I had to go into the device manager and disable the processor’s display driver, on start, it was attempting to load both, and I believe that’s what was causing the crash.