How can I import a plain PNG image on Isaac Sim?

Hello,

I am trying to do some 2.5 simulation where my robot would pick from a pile of pre-collected images. I would like to plain display those images on a plane prim.

I have followed a question on how to set a texture for prim but it just does not work. Adding 2D image as texture to a height-field

I ran the script but I just see a brownish plane that has nothing to do with the image.

Any hint?

The final effect should be something like this (Taken from a Blender tutorial).

@simone.zandara are you looking to do it programmatically or via GUI? if the former, you can follow the snippet from the doc and see if it works for you:

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/isaacsim/latest/how_to_guides/environment_setup.html#creating-modifying-assigning-materials

if you’d like to know how to do it via GUI, i can make a short clip if that’d help.

For now I solved it with Blender but my idea is to do programmatically and swap the texture image at simulation time to perform different picks.

Thanks for the link. I will give it a shot.

I just came across this thread. I’m in the process of setting up scenes for creating a synthetic dataset, and it would be greatly helpful if I could directly import plain image files like PNG or JPG. Could you share the short clip for the GUI that was mentioned earlier? Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.