How can I install the EN drivers into a custom Linux distribution made from Buildroot?

I’ve got a custom Linux distribution for a product (x86_64-based) that I need to add the latest EN drivers to the kernel and also some of the support utilities. The kernel is 4.19.55 with Buildroot 2019.02.3. I’ve tried to analyze the install scripts to see what they’re doing but ultimately trying to use the install script to create the packages that I need created and then I would manually install them after they’re created, however, my compiles have all failed except for EN 4.6 with kernel 4.14 when compiling the kernel sources only.

The install scripts assume that the system it’s being invoked from is the system I want to install on but in this case I need to install the modules and utilities into a target directory that becomes the root filesystem for the target system.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for including these drivers and utilities in a Buildroot environment?

Thanks!

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for posting your question in the Mellanox Community.

Unfortunately, Mellanox does not provide any other procedure or support on how-to install the MLNX_EN or MLNX_OFED driver onto a supported OS / kernel, than mentioned in the in driver UM → https://docs.mellanox.com/display/MLNXENv473290/Installing+MLNX_EN

Thank you,

~Mellanox Technical Support