How Can I turn off Jetson board with button?

I have to run Jetson Board without Diaplay Monitor(I’m using it with Autonomous RC Car.)

before log in(screen locked up) I successfully made startup application(Python Script) launched.

but, the last problem is how I can terminate program.

I made it possible to run… but have no Idea to turn it off.

I can plug out battery or press hold power button for long time to turn off Jetson TK1 board but I’m worrying about damaging board…

how I turn off jetson board safely?

The software method would be “sudo shutdown -h now”. If you don’t have serial console or network access, perhaps you could add a GPIO monitor and toggle that command when a key press is detected.

is there no way to turn off jetson board without GPIO monitor?

I have no serial console or network access…

is there no option or settings?

I have to write log of TK1 and just pressing power button clears off my log…

I want to manually turn off jetson board with button…

What access do you have? What is the use-case you have for determining when the best time is for on/off? If you just want a timer it may be simplified.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/461479/how-do-i-get-my-computer-to-shut-down-with-the-power-button

I followed this instruction.

and when I press Power Button, the program turned off immediately

and no log was remained

only when I press Ctrl+C to terminate console program, log remains.

how can I remain my log?

it is my shell scripts.

#!/bin/sh
#Linux Script for Executing Python Script.(booting)
echo “Hello World!”

#this one is for reset audio system(it collide with something)
#/etc/init.d/pulseaudio restart
pulseaudio -k
sleep 0.4 # 400 miliseconds
pulseaudio --start
sleep 0.4 # 400 miliseconds

#Determine File’s Name
NOW=$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")

#Make Text File
python /home/ubuntu/DroneChallenge/ArduRoverGPSLogging.py > $NOW.txt

sleep 0.3

#done <- didnt work
exit 0

I am unsure about how those different shutdown methods from your URL work. What it comes down to is that when a program is terminated it receives a signal. That signal tends to provide options in how abrupt the program shutdown is. So determining whether your program is allowed to finish its logs or not depends on sending the right signal.

Here is a URL with information on various signals…you can also type “kill -l” to list signals (see “man kill”):
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-the-SIGINT-and-SIGTERM-signals-in-Linux-What%E2%80%99s-the-difference-between-the-SIGKILL-and-SIGSTOP-signals

Note that some signals can be caught (see “man -a signal” and “man -a sigaction”…as you quit the next man page section will show up…some are about signals in C, others are just about signals). This is called installing a signal handler…I’ve only installed signal handlers in C/C++, I have not tried in bash or python.

You have the choices of either catching a signal which is too abrupt and changing it to something less abrupt, or else having shutdown actually recognize that it is supposed to wait and “be nice” by sending a less authoritative signal. Some signals cannot be caught, e.g., SIGKILL, so in those cases the only choice you will have is configuring init to send a nicer signal. The trouble is that I don’t know where Ubuntu configures those signals. Typically it would send SIGTERM, and then after a delay, SIGKILL; the wait time for SIGTERM should be configurable, but I don’t know where from. SIGKILL cannot be caught, but SIGTERM could be caught and allow you to run whatever destructor/cleanup/exit code you have. You might investigate seeing if you can catch SIGTERM and successfully clean up then exit. If this doesn’t work, then the system itself will need configuration to avoid immediate SIGKILL (which is an Ubuntu admin topic…it should be the same regardless of hardware, but will differ across various Linux flavors).

I saw something related to this, but it doesn’t provide a complete answer:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/819730/no-sigterm-before-sigkill-shutdown-with-systemd-on-ubuntu-16-04

In earlier Linux distributions the init scripts for startup and shutdown were entirely bash scripts. As things have become more complicated an XML configuration system (“systemd”) has replaced much of those scripts with targets which have services as dependencies…when systemd tries to read a target the target can be told to start or stop a dependency. If you run your program as part of the system, then I’d think you could turn your program into a service, then use systemd to mark when a target should stop or start your program, along with the delay to use after a SIGTERM before it sends a SIGKILL.

If it works I think a SIGTERM handler would be the easiest thing to do.