How do I add a voltage to USB regulator/port (compared to Xavier p2822)

I am trying to add a USB0 to my tegra234-p3737-fixed-regulator.dtsi file using JP 5.1.2.

I previously added a 5v to the Xavier AGX in the file tegra194-fixed-regulator-p2822-1000.dtsi and it works fine. How can I do the same with the Orin in JP 5.1.2?

Here is what I added previously with the Xavier SoM (the original NVIDIA source is on the left, my modifications on the right):

This is basically what I added:

p2822_vdd_usb0_5v: regulator@114 {
                                         compatible = "regulator-fixed";
                                         reg = <114>;
                                         regulator-name = "vdd-usb0-5v";
                                         regulator-min-microvolt = <5000000>;
                                         regulator-max-microvolt = <5000000>;
                                         gpio = <&tegra_main_gpio TEGRA194_MAIN_GPIO(Z, 1) 0>;
                                         gpio-open-drain;
                                         enable-active-high;
                                         vin-supply = <&battery_reg>;
                          };

Is the tegra234-p3737-fixed-regulator.dtsi the correct file to make a similar addition? If not, how would I add a 5v USB regulator to the tegra234 file, like I did in the tegra194 file?

Thanks!

You could add it anywhere if the final dtb will have your regulator showed up along with other existing regulators.

I was able to get the USB to work by adding a regulator with the correct voltage and removing the extra sections of USB 3-1, 3-2, etc. Thanks!

Do I need to do a similar voltage add for the Orin to recognize a nvme m.2 added? After boot, default is that the OS is not seeing the nvme using the lsblk command.

Not needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.