How do I define the user-defined button?

In the Buttons section of the Jetson TX1 Dev Kit description it mentions a user-defined button. How do I define it?

I’ve found no documentation nor third-party tutorials on this topic.

My goal is to have the button run a bash script.

The Jetson TX1 Dev Kit description:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/jetson-tx1-dev-kit.html

I think that refers to the button with silk screen “vol”. In some places this is listed as an abbreviation for “volume down button”. This has schematic designation “S2”. The net for what S2 goes to does not make it obvious how to use this for something other than its existing function, but it is possible this touches GPIO somewhere (I couldn’t tell you which though).

Just as a curiosity (this isn’t intended as practical), it might be interesting if the “REC” (recovery) button could be used for custom purposes. In reality the button has no purpose other than at the moment of reset or power up (in which case no custom changes would be installed anyway…such reset would leave the original function).

Thanks, linuxdev.

I’m going to bump this thread in hopes that someone knows how to define the button.

Hello, Matthew_K:
You can refer to arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-platforms/tegra210-jetson-cv-keys-p2597-2180-a00.dtsi.

br
Chenjian

Why can’t I find this file on TX1? I wrote a program in Qt to capture video streams and display them. Now I want to realize the function of collecting a picture by pressing the button. Where do I define the custom button function? How do I call this function in other functions? Thanks!