How do I use Freescale's sgtl5000 on TX2, and how do I write the device tree?

HI everyone!
I am trying to enable a sound card on TX2 using Freescale’s sgtl5000. But, i don’t know how to write the device tree. I have been tried serveral ways but failed. Hoping export advice.I would appreciate it very much.

hello zhangxd260,

you could refer to the TX2 device tree to implement your device tree.

$TOP/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/common/kernel-dts/t18x-common-modules/tegra186-super-module-e2614-p2597-1000-a00.dtsi

also, here’s external wiki page for updating DTB partition partially, http://elinux.org/Jetson/TX2_DTB

Hi JerryChang:
Thanks for your advice.i saw some “nvidia,dai-link-x” nodes under the sound node in tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dts.coulde you explain that? Does that mean I’m writing sgtl5000 sound card as a nvidia,dai-link ?

Jerry, hi,

I am facing the same issue, and this is what I plan to do:

1. Including the SGTL5000 driver (which is - by default - not included) - in the Kernel.
  2. Now look for the I2C node (in the Jetson TX2 product tree) which will control the SGTL5000 and add the device tree portion from the text file attached to the driver:

codec: sgtl5000@0a {
#sound-dai-cells = <0>;
compatible = “fsl,sgtl5000”;
reg = <0x0a>;
};

Then connect the device to Vdd and to the I2C lanes and upon boot the device-driver supposed to identify the component, which will be found under /dev

I’ll appreciate if someone could elaborate or correct me.

Igal

HI:igal.kroyter
I think your node may not be perfect,and there should be some necessary information, such as sound nodes,clk,i2s,i2c and so on.

hello igal.kroyter,

you could refer to the Release 28.1 Development Guide for more details,
please check [System Configuration]->[Tegra ASoC Driver]
thanks

Hello everone!
Hello zhangxd260 and igal.kroyter!

Do you have any success in connecting of sgtl5000?

Any Device Tree examples would be appreciated!
Thank you =)

Any news?
Did somebody successfully setup sgtl5000?