How do you add an SDF collider to an object in Create 2022.3.0?

I’m playing with the “nuts and bolts” demo and I can’t find any collider in the “nut_bolt” physic properties. There’s only a “rigid body” component.

From my understanding, aren’t we supposed to have a collider component?

I don’t find the aforementioned component in either nut nor bolt :

Hello @aws357! I’ve shared your post with the dev team for further assistance.

Hi @aws357 - you can access the collider properties by:

1. Disabling instancing on the nut or bolt xform:
  2. Duplicating the xform (this should not be needed I think and I will file a bug) - select the nut/bolt xfrom and do Ctrl-D
  3. Inspecting either the _SDF or _Collision mesh children of the nut or bolt, they have the SDF properties:

We are working on an update to the docs about SDF.

Thanks for the answers. I will check that up.

hello @philipp.reist
I want to run the bolt and nut demo shown above in Isaacsim.
As a result of my search for bolts and nuts demos, I was only able to run them in the Omniverse showroom and did not have access to the stage like the author of this article.
where can i get it?

I would like to run the sample files or sources for the Physics Demo Nuts and Bolts.

https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_showroom/app_showroom/demos/physics-nuts-and-bolts.html

Hi @gudwnzm - you should be able to find the demo in Window → Simulation → Demo Scenes → Complex Showcases → Nuts and Bolts

Then you can inspect the Python code of the demo.

Hello @philipp.reist

Thank you for answer.
Thanks to that, I was able to run the sample.
I tried changing the collider of nut_bolt from SDF Mesh to Convex Hull to compare the difference between the sophisticated SDF Mesh and other Convex Hull and Triangle Mesh.
But I got an error message saying Can not edit attributes of instance proxy.

How can I compare each collider?

You can manually disable the instanceable flag on the asset, then you should be able to change to convex hull. But then it won’t be able to thread and just bump off the bolt.