How i configure jetson TX2 from ubuntu 16.04 to rt-linux

i use /usr/src/kernel/kernel-4.4/scripts/rt-patch.sh to patch rt-linux,command:cd /usr/src/kernel/kernel-4.4 ./scripts/rt-patch.sh apply-patches,always default enter,make menuconfig,select fully preemption kernel,save,exit,make zImage,report error
may i need rebuild atfer fix error?or may i operate error? i think the pack should stable and suit the current kernel source,should not report error,
whiceh issue with me ?

rt-patch not support for the J3.x, Please using the J4.3 or J4.4

how i know jetpack version?i used kernel sourse in TX board,this verison is not right?

J4.x is kernel 4.9 instead of k4.4

can not use the rt-patch in kernel-4.4?or what application of rt-patch in kernel-4.4?

Yes, current the rt-patch for k4.4 may have problem.

i have install jet4.3,but install visionworks on target always failed,what can i do?

Please have a new topic for the visionwork. Also please have much detail information should be speed up to figure the root cause.

it’s not new issue,install visionworks on target and VPI failed while install jet4.3 use sdkmanager

@DaneLLL @AastaLLL
Any comment for installing visionwork

Hi,

Could you share your error with us?
Thanks.

or i think i may ignore this failed beacause i not use this function,but have other issue,i don’t find rt-patch in jet4.3,i find rt-patch version 4.9.146-rt125 on line,not have version 4.9.140,can i use version 4.9.146-rt125?

Hi @277920103 ,

Please start a new topic for this. This topic will focus on rt-linux discussion only.

For r32.3.1 there is ./kernel-4.9/scripts/rt-patch.sh

is it must make in ubunt 18.04 of JET4.3? i think it also can make in 16.04? because the source package is fully and the RT-patch is suitable the kernel

i make kernel failed after patch the rt-patch use R32.3.1 on ubuntu18.04 of JET4.3,the error log of “make zImage” is follow:

i think it should have yet make succes before commit this sources,if where i configure error?

Please follow this document to build the kernel Image.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fkernel_custom.html%23

i have install visionworks and VPI sucess access unconnect usb and reboot TX2,
thanks.

i make kernel sucess to follow this step of this link,but make kernel failed use "make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT -j4"after patch the rt-patch and make menuconfig
whether not necessary to make menuconfig and config the fully preemption kernel? i see CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL in .config under $TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT after use “make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT tegra_defconfig”
even not necessary to patch the rt-patch?