How i configure jetson TX2 from ubuntu 16.04 to rt-linux

What’s the toolchain?

NVIDIA recommends using the Linaro 7.3.1 2018.05 toolchain.

i have not config toolchain,i make in TX2 board.

patch the rt-patch is necessary,because add CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT_FULL to “tegra_defconfig” under “kernel/kernel-4.9/arch/arm64/configs” after “./rt-patch.sh apply-patches”

You should build the kernel from host PC instead of on TX2

why ? i have make success on TX2
because it will broken the image while flash the image?

We didn’t verify building the customize kernel on the TX2.

i have build the rt kernel on host PC,but "sudo make ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/opt/nvidia/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/"failed,report “make: *** No rule to make target ‘modules_install’. Stop.”

Does below path are create by sdkmanager?

/opt/nvidia/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs

no,i creat manul by myself.
will i build kernel_supplements.tbz2 to replace Jetson_Linux_R32.3.1_aarch64.tbz2 in sdkmanager’s download directory?

There’s no problem for me.
Did you run these as document description,

$ tar xf ${L4T_RELEASE_PACKAGE}
$ cd Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/
$ sudo tar xpf …/…/${SAMPLE_FS_PACKAGE}
$ cd …
$ sudo ./apply_binaries.sh
$sudo ./flash.sh ${BOARD} mmcblk0p1

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fquick_start.html%23wwpID0E03D0HA

1 Like

What directory were you in when you issued this command? This would require being in the top level of the kernel source where the top Makefile exists. This really sounds like no Makefile was ever found, or at least not the correct Makefile.

If you were here, and not directly on the Jetson, I’m thinking this is a bit off:

I say this because “/usr/src” is typically for native content installed as a package by a package manager. This would be expected directly on the Jetson, but not on a cross compile from a host PC. If you can clarify exactly where you are compiling from, and if this is native to the Jetson or cross compile from the PC, and if the compile location is at the top level of the full source tree with a Makefile, it might show what is going on.