How much will Upgrade Video Card count in image processing?

Hello,

I have a Dell Precision 490, with two 3Ghz dual Xeon processors, 16GB of Ram.

The current video card is nVidia Quadro 3450, PCI Express x16 1.0 graphics card slot;

I would like to know if my workstation allows for the video card upgrade to:

nVidia Quadro K2000 or nvidia Quadro K4000

First of all I would like to know if the Dell Precision 490 system specs (I have a large power source) permit it.

Also, my PCI Express x16 1.0 graphics card slot should allow for a PCI Express x16 2.0 video card to fit the slot but downgrade the speed a little, as far as I have read. I guess I could replace cards with my own hands…
So this first question is actually more for the people at Dell…

Also, second question:

I would like to know other people’s opinion if this upgrade is worth while…

Mainly I will use my system for heavy large file editing in Photoshop (CS6& CC) and intensive 3D work in Autodesk Maya(2011&2014) and Vue Infinite.

Will one of the above mentioned video cards make a considerable difference in speed while I process photography(usual curves,saturation,etc and plugins such as Nik Software and Topaz Sharpener) \ and display 3D graphic\s in the viewports? I know that in 3D rendering the processors&RAM are used, not the video card. In viewport display, video card is used but how much improvement would come with an upgrade? Perhaps all the textures would show faster :)

When will the CUDA cores be used and is the new video card architecture important for this kind of work? Will OpenGl display benefit from this? ( I believe both Photoshop & Maya use OpenGl for display but will it work better?)

But sometimes I will also work with HD video files with Adobe Premiere CS6&CC and Adobe After Effects. Here as far as I know the new video card will make very very much difference… but how much?

I would appreciate advice on having this upgrade…

Thank you,

Daniel

In the thread list I see this topic already has 3 replies but I can’t see any of them listed!
Why is that?

That was deleted SPAM. The forum software doesn’t show it, but the counter stays.