How to add a sensor driver and build the kernel using YOCTO

Hi all,

I’ve a camera sensor driver which i’ve added to the tegra sources (The folder which is downloaded using the JetPack with SDK Maneger
/home/$USER/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.3_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER/Linux_for_Tegra/source_sync.sh, i could apply a patch to add drivers sources and after that compile the kernel using gcc-linaro-7.3.1 toolchain and using the CLI below

cd $JETSON_XAVIER_PATH && make -C kernel/kernel-4.9/ ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT LOCALVERSION=-tegra CROSS_COMPILE=${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX} -j$(nproc) Image && \
make -C kernel/kernel-4.9/ ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT LOCALVERSION=-tegra CROSS_COMPILE=${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX} -j$(nproc) dtbs && \
make -C kernel/kernel-4.9/ ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT LOCALVERSION=-tegra CROSS_COMPILE=${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX} -j$(nproc) modules && \
make -C kernel/kernel-4.9/ ARCH=arm64 O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT LOCALVERSION=-tegra INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$KERNEL_MODULES_OUT modules_install

Now i want to a customised OS using YOCTO, i want to reproduce the steps to add the driver and build the kernel and then flash the jetson with this latter, can anyone suggest me an approach to that ?

Thanks

Have reference to below link.

Hi @ShaneCCC

Thank you for your answer, i’ve already followed this guide to compile a custom OS image using Yocto but i didn’t find any section about how to compile the kernel by adding a custom driver, do you have any informations about how to do that ?

Thanks

Have reference to below doc.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r34.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/Kernel/KernelCustomization.html

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.