How to add NVMe as boot option in UEFI

Hello, I successfully flashed a NVMe SSD following these instructions:

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r35.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/FlashingSupport.html#to-set-up-an-nvme-drive-manually-for-booting

However, I cannot figure out how to add the NVMe SSD as a boot option in the boot manager. I confirmed that if I boot from eMMC, the SSD is detected and appears to be populated with similar partitions/size of data as the eMMC. Any tips on how to add the path of the NVMe SSD to the UEFI boot manager menu?

How to select boot device in UEFI?

User can go to UEFI menu when prompted “Press ESCAPE for boot options”. From the landing page of UEFI menu, navigate to “Boot Manager” where all supported boot options are listed. User can choose an option from this list.

How to customize the default boot order?

User can go to UEFI menu when prompted “Press ESCAPE for boot options”. From the landing page of UEFI menu, navigate to “Boot Maintenance manager” → “Boot Options” → “Change Boot Order”. The boot order can be changed on this spot.

See UEFI Adaptation — Jetson Linux
Developer Guide 34.1 documentation (nvidia.com)

Hey kayccc, when I go to the boot maintenance manager, boot options, there is no option for the NVMe SSD. How can I add it? It seems the SOC is not detecting the NVMe SSD in UEFI.

Then I would suggest you can try other kind of nvme drive first.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.