How to avoid Error 702 Kernel timeout on non-display GPU

I have two GPUs in my computer. One is a GTX 1060 that I want to use for display, and one is a Titan Black that I want to use for my CUDA programs. The problem is that the Titan Black gives a Error 702 if the kernel runs for over 10 seconds. The monitor is plugged into the 1060 but even then I do not have that problem if I choose that card for CUDA. When I query devProp.kernelExecTimeoutEnabled it comes back true for the Titan Black and false for the 1060. I need to turn it off for the Titan Black but I have searched and searched and have not found anything that works. Please help. I’m running this on Mint 19.3

Something I tried was messing around with the xorg.conf file. I put Option "Interactive" "0" under the Device header, and it did not affect anything. I tried restricting the Device to use the Titan Black as the video card, and now it took off the kernel timeout, but only with the monitor also plugged into it, which seems to be the opposite of how things are supposed to work. I’m really not sure what else to try. I almost broke my install by putting an invalid entry into xorg.conf so I’m nervous to just keep trying random things…