How to boot orin nano from Nvme

Please share the serial console log during flash and also right after flash.

I shall see a log with both your flash and after that flash it will do the first boot.

sure, we ll flash it again share you the logs

Hello @WayneWWW and @DaveYYY , these are the logs during flash and first boot after flash
first_boot_logs_nvme.txt (59.0 KB)
logs_while_flashing_nvme.txt (33.5 KB)

now boot stucked at some point showing error like this

15.967578] ERROR: PARTUUID=9e057d37-d7bf-437f-99ed-9ac4322d053a mount fail…

please have look at those logs help us.

Hi,

Your flash log told that you totally not get you board flashed at all.

So basically all the discussion here is just wasting time…

I don’t know what is wrong with you that you cannot even tell a flash is successful or not.

If you are using custom board then you need to remove the read of the carrier board eeprom.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.2/DeveloperGuide/HR/JetsonModuleAdaptationAndBringUp/JetsonOrinNxNanoSeries.html?highlight=eeprom#eeprom-modifications

hi @WayneWWW, we have already modified the EEPROM reading part in bootloader and flashed in the initial stages, afte that we have not modified the booloader,

we used this cmd for flashing bootloader:
sudo ./flash.sh --no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

we used this cmd for nvme flashing :
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p “-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml” --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

here is the query we raised and got answer and falshed the bootloader too.

eeprom changes query

i will retry that flashing booloader and let u know the resutls,

finally one more question:
the bootloader will be flashed inside SOM(orin nano) rgiht> not in Nvme ?

Hi,

If you are flashing a custom board, then you always need to disable the carrier board eeprom.

we used this cmd for flashing bootloader:
sudo ./flash.sh --no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

we used this cmd for nvme flashing :
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p “-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml” --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

Both of your commands here will flash bootloader. It is just the 2nd command will flash both bootloader and nvme…

I don’t know how many times you are going to flash bootloader here. The real problem here looks like you don’t even know when a flash is successful and when it got failed…

if required i can share you the flash logs in my host PC,

we followed the steps mentioned here for nvme flashing

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.2/DeveloperGuide/IN/QuickStart.html

for flashing together with bootloader we used those commands,

where that bootloader will be flashed? weather it is inside SOM or nvme?

even we use SDK manager to flash to nvme, there also we have not recieved any error msgs durign flash.

now even after flashing the eeprom cahnges separately we are getting this error:

[ 14.950377] ERROR: PARTUUID=9e057d37-d7bf-437f-99ed-9ac4322d053a mount fail…

Hi,

You have to understand how things work here.

1. Sdkmanager cannot flash your custom board. It can only flash NV developer kit.
    When I said flashing sdkmanager, I expect you are using NV developer kit. But looks like you are not using that at all.
    If you want to flash your custom board then you have to use manual commands with eeprom disabled.

2. Your flash log directly gives us flash error. I don’t know what you saw on your side in sdkmanager but it shall have error and you cannot tell it.

3. The bootloader is on the SOM QSPI flash memory. It has nothing to do with your nvme.

4. If all the issues here happened on your custom board, please learn how to flash a board on NV devkit first.

Again, if you really cannot tell whether the flash is successful or not. Share us the flash log from your flash commands and also the UART log during that flash.

We need logs from both sides (host +Jetson).

yeah, the last 4 step, we will try with orin nano devkit and let u know the results for nmve flash with sdk manager.

sure we will share both the logs this time.

this command is enough for flashing nvme alone without bootloader?
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

Please forget about anything about “enough for flashing nvme alone without bootloader”.

Always flash them both.

If you are totally new to flashing a board, don’t play any trick. Just run the commands we shared in document.

1 Like

Hello @WayneWWW here is the exported logs from SDK manager for nvme flash, and screen shot of SDK manager ui,

these errors we got when we tried flashin nvme in orin nano devkit.

and also terminal logs for the same

SDKM_logs_JetPack_6.0_DP_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_Nano_modules_2024-03-28_11-28-51.zip (66.5 KB)

terminal_logs_nvme_orin_nano_devkit.txt (7.6 KB)

What is the log from the UART serial console…

UART serial console logs are not able to take for devkit, we ll try to get and share you asap.

Follow this method…

we are able to serial logs now, we will re flash it and get logs

we got longer than expected time error like below screen shot and then i clicked on yes, and attached the serial logs got during the flash
nvme_flash_minicomlogs_via_sdkManager.txt (131.3 KB)
in took more than 15-20 mins to finish flash

Hi,

Could you try to always share both host side log and device side log at same time?

I am really not sure why you always only share half info.